Thursday, February 21, 2008

ACT Status Report



As promised, here is the first
120 day up date of ACT for America directly from Brigitte Gabriel

Thank you, de Andréa

Our “120 Day Plan” A Status Report from Brigitte Gabriel

Dear de Andréa

I am so delighted to bring you some very exciting, encouraging news on the status of our “120 day plan”!

As you recall, last week we announced the launch of a 120 day plan to go on the offensive in our effort to stop the rising tide of Islamofascism in America. The plan had three parts:

Legislative ActionIn this part of the plan, we will craft a legislative agenda to take to our allies in Congress, with the goal of getting some new bills introduced and then launching a grassroots lobbying campaign later this year to push for the passage of those bills.

The first step is a conference call with experts in the field of national security and the threat of Islamic terrorism, to get their input. That call will be taking place this week.

Grassroots ActionThis will be a nationwide grassroots campaign aimed at disrupting the communication, networking and training of terrorists. We want to announce this campaign on a telephone town hall by March 15th.

Congressional Voting Record ResearchWe want to research voting records of Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate on issues related to national security and Islamic terrorism. Our goal is to post the results of that research on the ACT! for America website sometime in June.

Our minimum fundraising goal to enable us to effectively launch all three parts of this campaign was $195,000. Our Executive Director, Guy Rodgers, and I have been raising money the past few weeks to help us reach this goal. He and I set a personal goal to raise $120,000 of the $195,000 we needed, and we scheduled three fundraising events.

A week ago, we asked for your financial support to help get us to the $195,000 total goal.
And here’s the great news!As a result of these three events, Guy and I reached the personal goal we set, raising close to $120,000 of the $195,000 goal.You our members have contributed nearly $27,000 toward this goal of $195,000.

That means we only have $48,000 to go to reach our total goal!

For those of you who have made an online contribution or mailed a check, I am deeply grateful and humbled by your response. Thank you so very much.

If you haven’t yet made a contribution, it’s not too late to do so. Guy and I do not have any additional fundraising events scheduled for the next three weeks.

Honestly, we’re both a little weary, as we’ve traveled back and forth across the country twice in the past four weeks, working to raise the $120,000 goal we set for ourselves.

As you can see, we still need about $48,000 to reach the $195,000 goal we have set to effectively launch all three parts of this campaign.

Can I count on your help today? You can make a contribution online or mail us a check.
If you’d like to make a contribution online, please click here. It’s simple, safe and secure.
If you’d like to print out a contribution reply form and mail a check, please click here.

I’m so hoping I can hear from many more of you in the next few days. This time last year, when so many of our members were urging us to move forward, urging us to start chapters, and urging us to take various action steps, I dreamed of this day.

I pictured in my mind the time when we would add the kind of experienced, talented, professional leadership to our team that would help us take giant strides forward. We did that when we hired Guy Rodgers as our Executive Director.I pictured in my mind the time when we would have chapters starting all over the country. Now I’m proud to say that today we have over 400 people who have signed up to lead chapters, and many of them have already started their chapters. The love and activism these volunteers have for our country makes me swell with pride.

I pictured in my mind the time when we would launch aggressive campaigns to go on the offensive against the rising tide of Islamofascism. We are now prepared to do that.

This is the dream I had over five years ago, when I founded American Congress for Truth. My eyes fill with tears as I watch this dream become a reality.We’re getting so close to reaching our $195,000 fundraising goal to launch our “120 day plan.” Can I count on you today to help us raise the remaining $48,000 we need to raise?

Please click here to make an online contribution.

Please click here to print out a contribution form to fill out and mail to us with the most generous contribution you can afford.

Thank you so much, you our members and supporters. I feel honored, humbled and privileged to have you on our team. I look forward to the day I meet each and every one of you, to look into your eyes, shake your hand and tell you in person how much I value you and the part you are willing to play in helping us make America safe from militant Islam.

Yours, together, for America,

Brigitte Gabriel

No comments: